Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Quick Stop in the US

I needed to go back to the US for a couple of weeks between my two study abroad programs in order to pick up my Spanish visa so that I could study in Granada during the fall.

Getting home was quite an ordeal - I left Málaga around 7:00PM on the last Friday in August and didn't return home until around noon the following Sunday, thanks to long layovers and delayed flights.

But, it was nice to be home! There are always things you miss when you're abroad... friends and family, certain foods, even the lifestyle.

So, Dad and I went up to New York City to pick up my visa, and I just wanted to share a few of the pictures from our time there. We ended up getting a parking ticket, although Dad just e-mailed me saying that he managed to appeal it - so everything went really well, honestly! We stayed the night at Aunt Joanne's house, made our way to the city, got my visa without any troubles, and even went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island for a little bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment